Friday, March 9, 2012

Emerald Black - Models Own

First up... Lisa you are an absolute STAR!! I have always wanted to have in my nail polish collection the gorgeous multichrome polishes that are Models Own Beetlejuice collection. And recently my fabulous friend, Lisa, who recently moved to London, made that a reality. THANK YOU!

I love love love dark polishes, so naturally I had to start with 'Emerald Black'. I have to say, that in the huge amount of pictures I have looked at of this collection, I've always thought that this was the let down of the collection as it didn't seem to shift much in colour. Boy was I wrong! I could not stop staring at this polish from the minute it emerged from the box. I'll let you see for yourself...



Emerald Black, Models Own, swatch
'Emerald Black' shifts from a gorgeous blackened emerald green through black and right out the other side to a blackened electric blue. What's not to love about this!



Emerald Black, Models Own, swatch
'Emerald Black' packs a shimmery punch when seen in full sunlight. It reflects the light so beautifully. This photo also showcases the real black side of this polish seen at the sides of the nails.



Emerald Black, Models Own, swatch
Let me introduce you to the blue side of 'Emerald Black'. This was the surprise for me. I didn't realise that this blackened electric blue flash would be so prominent in this polish.



Emerald Black, Models Own, swatch
Last but definitely not least, here is the green face of 'Emerald Black'. This is probably the most obvious colour seen in real life with this polish, but I have to say it was quite tough to capture on camera. In saying that, this photo does really capture that emerald green well.



Formula... delightful. 'Emerald Black' really was easy to work with. I used 3 coats for photographing purposes (and because I am still having basecoat issues), but I think 2 coats would be quite sufficient generally.

In summary, just incase you haven't realised already... I love this polish! Everything about it. I'm looking forward to trying the other polishes from the 'Beetlejuice' collection by Models Own. The Beetlejuice collection was released in November last year and I have recently heard that Models Own are releasing a new Beetlejuice collection for Spring/Summer (Northern Hemisphere) 2012. It will contain 3 more multichrome beauties. Have a look at the promo pictures here on Scrangie's blog. I can't wait and I apologise in advance to Lisa, I think I'm going to owe you big time next time you come home to visit us back here in NZ :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)