Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kismet Elated - Sinful Colors

My Mum is so cute! She sent me a little parcel the other day with a polish in it for me that she's had put away for a little while. It is a Sinful Colors polish called 'Kismet Elated' and the reason this is special for me is because Kismet is actually my middle name. I've gone through most of my life HATING this name with everything I have, until several years ago when I learnt its meaning and I have since loved it. I have always been a believer in fate and basically "if it's meant to be, it will be" and that's essentially what Kismet means :) Anyway, naturally I put the polish straight on so here you go...



Kismet Elated, Sinful Colors, swatch, BM315 Barry M Gold Foil
'Kismet Elated' is gorgeous. A really pretty pinky purple with an insane amount of rose gold shimmer (reminds me a lot of OPI's 'Rally Pretty Pink' but with fine shimmer instead of coarse glittery shimmer). When I first started applying this pretty, I thought uh-oh frosty looking shimmer, but nope, no such worry!



Kismet Elated, Sinful Colors, swatch, BM315 Barry M Gold Foil
I love the shimmer! This polish isn't one I'd typically gravitate towards and who would've known I'd enjoy it so much. Thanks Mum!



Kismet Elated, Sinful Colors, swatch, BM315 Barry M Gold Foil
When I first put this on, all I could think of was grandma colour (in the best possible way - I love me a nana colour every now and then), so what better to add to it than PAISLEY!! I just received the new Bundle Monster plates earlier in the week and I've been dying to give them a go and so far so fantastic. The stamping was really easy (even for a rookie). I used Barry M 'Gold Foil' with BM315 for the stamping. The design on my pinky finger is slightly blurred due to my awesome twisting motion that I've added to the rolling motion - DOH!




Kismet Elated, Sinful Colors, swatch, BM315 Barry M Gold Foil
The design's pretty detailed but like I said, easy to stamp. Hopefully this is how all the designs on the new plates are going to be :)


'Kismet Elated' is fairly sheer but entirely able to be built up. I actually only used two thin coats and you can see VNL, but the large amount of shimmer made it much less obvious in real life. If you are a stickler for no VNL then I think three coats would be perfect.
Anyway, thanks Mum for finding me this polish! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)