Saturday, August 11, 2012

Every Month Is Oktoberfest - OPI

I managed to get my hands on two amazing polishes from OPI's Germany collection that has just been released, so today I'll be showing you the first of them. 'Every Month Is Oktoberfest' is one that I knew I had to have the minute I saw it popping up on all my favourite blogs. Turns out it is even more beautiful than I could have imagined in real life.



Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Germany Collection, OPI, swatch, Bundle Moster Plate BM-313
This is just such a delicious vampy shade. MMMMMMMM I love it! It is infact an indigo, purpley blue base with a ridiculous (ridiculously good) amount of shimmer. I think it's all red shimmer, but it seems to shift a little bit to gold in certain lighting. The blue of the base is really obvious on the first coat, but disappears quite a lot on the second coat. Even though it's less obvious, it still gives this polish a perfect little something extra in my opinion, that hint of underlying indigo is what makes this polish jump to the top of my favourite vampy polish list.




Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Germany Collection, OPI, swatch, Bundle Moster Plate BM-313



Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Germany Collection, OPI, swatch, Bundle Moster Plate BM-313
This shimmer was so hard to capture in all its glory. These photos show a little taste of the bright red glow that this beauty has. I decided to add a little stamping and so I tried a couple more designs from my new Bundle Monster plates. Both these designs are from plate BM-313. I used Barry M 'Gold Foil' to stamp and I think the gold played well with 'Every Month Is Oktoberfest'.




Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Germany Collection, OPI, swatch, Bundle Moster Plate BM-313
You can see here that slightly gold shift. The corners of my top two fingers are showing the base colour. I'm not quite sure why this is so obvious here. It must be a slightly thinner bit of application, but I looked and looked and could not see this blue in real life! Strange.



The formula on this was also lovely. One coat gives really good coverage and the second coat just deepens everything and gives the polish that beautiful glow. 'Every Month Is Oktoberfest' is not too thick or thin and has a perfect self-levelling formula, applying like butter. I can't say enough how much I love this polish and it really has to be seen in real life to fully appreciate it. As for the plate, BM-313, no problem at all! Both images picked up and transferred really easily. I am still a bit of a newbie when it comes to stamping, but I figure practice makes perfect and maybe one day I can learn to not panic every time I attempt it - you should see me, as soon as I've picked up the image, my heart starts beating FAST and it's panic station. I have to admit I tried to do my pinky finger one and missed literally 2/3 of my nail with the first stamp!

For the Kiwi's, I got this at Life Pharmacy and there is a buy two, get one free deal at the moment. I think OPI's cost around $25 at pharmacies so they're a bit cheaper than Farmers and made even better by the special deal :)



I also want to say that I have been nominated by two lovely ladies for a Liebster Award. I received one from Nicola from Always Trust The Gene Genie and the second nomination was from GelaNails. They both do some gorgeous nail art! I am absolutely swamped at uni at the moment but I have a mid-semester break in a couple of weeks so I will try and answer the questions etc then :) Thanks again ladies!

6 comments :

  1. This is INSANELY gorgeous, I'm seriously blown away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insane alright!!! I am so much in love with this polish! And as usual it's even prettier in real life.

      Delete
  2. I ordered this polish and this post has made me really excited to receive it! I also like the stamp you used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yay, you will love it too, I'm sure! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so unbelieveably pretty. I feel like all the "good" polishes were released back in the day, and now are all hard to find... But THIS! This is a GOOD polish that we should all scoop up asap, because 8 yrs from now everyone will be talking about it and how HTF it is. Great Swatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, and I totally agree! I'm so glad OPI are producing polishes like this again. I love vampy shades but I feel like we've seen them all before... Until this! And as for everyone needing this polish, I couldn't agree more :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)