Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lapis Amethyst - Sally Hansen

Earlier in the week when I was wearing 'Unfor-Greta-bly Blue', I had to go to work and I didn't really have time to take that off, so I had to quickly put something on it to tone it all down. I do this quite often, but this time I had to show you guys because it actually looked really pretty. I used Sally Hansen's Nail Prisms 'Lapis Amethyst'.



Lapis Amethyst, Sally Hansen, Nail Prisms, swatch
I know it looks kind of frosty here and believe me, I run from frosty polish as much as the next guy, but I actually really liked this. It is just such a gorgeous duochrome, shimmer top coat that goes from a bright aqua blue through purple to pink. I couldn't seem to capture the bright aqua colour but this is showing the more blue side of it (plus look at those bright purple sides of my nails).




Lapis Amethyst, Sally Hansen, Nail Prisms, swatch
This is the more pinky purple side of 'Lapis Amethyst'. It's really glowy and looked really gorgeous in the sun (these photos are taken in late afternoon sun).


I really liked how the stamped lightning bolts just peeked through from underneath this polish. This is just one quick coat of 'Lapis Amethyst' and I think it was just the right coverage in order to still see the manicure underneath.



And now for something a bit different, when we were on our way home from work last night, a little electrical storm started. I love storms and I especially love going to sleep when it's raining, I find it so calming. We took some videos just on an iphone and then screen captured some of the frames (so please excuse the quality). The pictures that we got actually quite remind me of this mani so I figured I may as well show you them too. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (@PinpointPolish), you may have already seen them :)






4 comments :

  1. Wow, I love your layering combo! And the storm photos are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I was really happy that you could still see it well through the top polish. Glad you like it :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)