Monday, September 10, 2012

Princess - Cult Nails + Some Stamping

Hi!

I've had such a nice week at home in Wellington and I'm so sad that it's over, but oh well, back to real life and I have so much coming up at uni! Anyway... I have a little mani to show you tonight that I wore a week or two ago. I'm still trying to do a bit more stamping practice, so I thought I'd try a double stamping. I used Cult Nails 'Princess' as the base colour and stamped with Konad White followed by a-england 'Camelot'. I used Bundle Monster, BM-316.



Princess, Cult Nails, a-england Camelot, Konad White, Stamping, BM-316

Princess, Cult Nails, a-england Camelot, Konad White, Stamping, BM-316
I think this turned out to be quite a nice subtle mani. I was aiming for a similar-ish position of the stamp each time and that gave a nice bit of variation, but still kept everything sort of uniform. This is actually the first time I've used a polish specifically designed for stamping and it really was so simple to use (how has it taken me this long to try it?).




Princess, Cult Nails, swatch

Princess, Cult Nails, swatch
This is 'Princess' on its own. It's a really gorgeous soft looking polish. It's really flattering for a blue, which is always a bonus. 'Princess' actually has a beautiful pinky shimmer in it. It's not overly obvious but in any sort of direct lighting, it really pops out. I found it incredibly hard to capture, but you can kind of get an idea of it in these photos.


All these photos show no top coat. I almost always have trouble with top coat smudging my stamping - if anyone has some tips for me, please let me know :)
I used two coats of 'Princess' and I have to say that this polish is so close to being opaque in one coat. I always love to wear pale colours, but I HATE their application, so this was a pleasant surprise. It almost had that sort of foamy thickness, but wasn't at all difficult to apply. I already mentioned that Konad White was really easy to use and 'Camelot' stamped perfectly too. I also has no problems at all with the plate, BM-316. I'm so happy with Bundle Monster's third set, I love the designs and they've been brilliant to use so far.

6 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It turned out better than I thought and was an easy way of sprucing up a mani a little. Will definitely have to try it again :)

      Delete
  2. Love the double stamping! Can't wait to try my plates out too... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! The third set of plates is what really inspired me to finally start doing more stamping. I love full nail designs and they seem to be so versatile in this set. You will love them I'm sure! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGH!!!!! I didn't mean to remove this!!!!!!! SORRY! I was trying to reply to say thank you and now I can't take it back! DERP!

      Well anyway thank you so much and I'm glad you like it :D

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)