Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jane Eyre - a-england

It's that time again... Time for another a-england Gothic Beauty. Todays beauty is 'Jane Eyre' and a beauty she is (but then would we expect anything less from Adina?)... I'm just going to get right on with the photos.


Jane Eyre, a-england Gothic Beauties, Swatch
In the same style as 'Lady of Shalott', 'Jane Eyre' has a black base, but this time with pinky red shimmer absolutely piled into it. I originally saw the bottle and thought, oh yeah red shimmer, but now I can't decide what colour it is... Red? Pink? Pinky-purpley-red? Who cares? All that matters is that it's gorgeous.



Jane Eyre, a-england Gothic Beauties, Swatch
Also following in the footsteps of 'Lady of Shalott', there is a colour shift in 'Jane Eyre's' shimmer. This time it's a shift to a copper/bronze.  You can also see the more red shine to it on my middle finger.



Jane Eyre, a-england Gothic Beauties, Swatch
'Jane Eyre' has a very blackened side to her in certain light, but I just love the depth that the shimmer gives her. The coarse shimmer gives these Gothic Beauties such a beautiful depth.



Jane Eyre, a-england Gothic Beauties, Swatch
This is kind of a nice summary photo of 'Jane Eyre'. At the top, you can see the black veil that she often wears, but then you move down to the pinkie finger and you can see all the colours in the shimmer (yes you are seeing purpley-blue)!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love a-england polishes. Each one I wear makes me fall just a little further in love with them. Whether you want something brooding (any of the Gothic Beauties), something clean, something holographic... well you get the point. These Gothic Beauties are so complex and there is something so enchanting about them. Once again, the formula was fool-proof. Two easy coats for full opacity. The shimmer is fairly course so I used two thin coats of top coat, but it really is a small price to pay, believe me.

The Gothic Beauties are available now from a-england with free worldwide shipping :)

2 comments :

  1. I honestly think no one has done this one justice...until you! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! I have such a big smile right now :D

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)