Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peaches ♥ Cream - Lime Crime & Bejeweled - KB Shimmer

Hello!

Hope everyone is having a happy Halloween? I am not so much... If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that 15 mins before my biochem exam today, I had an ovarian cyst rupture. Not the best timing let me tell you! Luckily they could get some morphine into me at the doctors so I didn't have to go to hospital this time :) Anyway the moral of the story is, I am currently in bed in a fair amount of pain, so I might just keep this short and sweet.

I didn't do a Halloween mani, as I just haven't had time, but what I have to show you is orange at least. And never mind that, the polishes today are freaking GORGEOUS!!! On the bottom = Lime Crime 'Peaches ♥ Cream'... Also this is the debut of my nubs on the blog, since I gave 'em all the chop due to my middle finger peeling like no ones business. I am actually kinda loving this length. I'm gonna let them get a bit longer, but these are nice and easy to manage. What do you guys think?



'Peaches ♥ Cream' is a right little bugger to photograph. This is not quite colour correct, but it's about as close as I could get. It's a little bit whiter if that makes any sense. It reminds me of sherbet. There is top coat only on my top two fingers and you can see that it dries ever so slightly matte without top coat.




Then this happened. This is KB Shimmer 'Bejeweled'. I saw this on Chalkboard Nails and knew that I had to get it. Boy-oh-boy am I glad I did. It is delicious! The coppery gold glitters get a little lost in these pics, but I am LOVING this combo. These polishes were just sitting together on the table after they arrived and it was actually The Boy who said "you have to wear them together". Man does he have good taste or what?!


So formula-wise... Brilliant. Two fantastically opaque coats of 'Peaches ♥ Cream' with a thin coat of 'Bejeweled' on top.

I got these both from Harlow & Co. KB Shimmers are $9USD and Lime Crimes are $8.50USD or get the whole set of 7 for $49 (I may or may not have done this after trying this one!). AND I have just checked and all the Lime Crimes are currently in stock so GO GO GO! And the bonus of it all... Free shipping if you spend $50 :)

3 comments :

  1. This is soooo pretty! I love seeing swatches of Peaches <3 Cream. Bejeweled looks so gorgeous, I wonder what it would look like over a light teal...

    I'm super glad to hear you are okay, Anneke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie. I reckon Bejeweled would look amazing over so many things! I think I may have to try it over a teal though :) I can't wait to get the rest. I bet you can't either :)

      Delete
    2. (The rest of the Lime Crimes that is)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)