Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pastelchio - Lime Crime & Wicked - Whimsical Nail Polish by Pam

Hi!

How are you all? Have you guys been watching the Aussie Open? How good is it?! I have been watching tennis almost every spare moment that I have. I love it. Anyway, on with todays post... This is something that I wore while I was in Wellington - Lime Crime 'Pastelchio' with Whimsical Nail Polish by Pam 'Wicked' over top.



Lime Crime Pastelchio, Whimsical Nail Polish by Pam Wicked, swatch

Lime Crime Pastelchio, Whimsical Nail Polish by Pam Wicked, swatch
I love both these polishes and they worked so well together. 'Wicked' has a gorgeous shimmer through it that did get slightly lost on top of 'Pastelchio'. It was ok though, as it was visible in sunlight and especially on top of those awesome big black circle glitters. How perfect is this polish for its inspiration!


As usual, the Lime Crime, 'Pastelchio', was really opaque and barely needed the second coat for full coverage. It did dry slightly satiny (like the others) and also dried very fast. Unfortunately 'Wicked' caused me a little bit of grief formula-wise. If I wiped any polish off the brush, the glitter would just come straight off with it. I certainly had to dab the glitters on in 2 fairly thick coats. At the time, it was pretty frustrating, but luckily it looked awesome enough for me not to worry too much.

Lime Crime polishes are available from Harlow & Co. and Whimsical Polish by Pam is available via her facebook page (but they are unfortunately only available in the US).

6 comments :

  1. I love every single Lime Crime polish I've ever seen! It is seriously the perfect base for Wicked. It's too bad Wicked's formula was hard to work with, but it looks awesome at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the combo! And I have to agree. My Lime Crimes are some of my favourites in my collection. They seem to be good as a base for any glitter :)

      Delete
  2. How did you get your hands on a Whimsical by Pam?????
    I have been watching almost every second of the Aussy Open, it's my fav grand slam because the time difference isn't an issue!!!! And I'm loving it too. Pastelchio is sooooooo bright, love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an amazing American friend who I get stuff sent to that sends them to me here. And yes I love that the time diff is good for the Aussie Open. I'm a night owl though and working in hospo makes that even worse so we generally end up watching the most of Wimbledon as that's all through the night :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)