Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Polish Days - Something New

Polish Days time again! I love participating in Polish Days, because it pushes me to do something that I wouldn't necessarily get round to otherwise. So this month Hannah of Polly Polish set the theme to be 'Something New', as "January is all about new starts, resolutions and starting over". I took this as a good kick up the bum to finally try a new technique - Galaxy Nails. I had slightly limited supplies, as I did this mani in Wellington. When I go home and have more time and polish, I'd quite like to try a slightly more complex version with a different colour combination etc. For now though, I do quite like this simple galaxy mani...



Polish Days - Something New, Galaxy Nails


I got my inspiration from a lot of googling of NASA images and also from the lovely Sarah from Chalkboard Nails.

This mani was so simple and I don't know why I thought it would be so hard?! Now I want to do more like these.

For this I used a-england 'Camelot' for the base, China Glaze 'Sweet Hook' and OPI 'No Room For The Blues' for the sponging. The dots are OPI 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' and of course, a bit of Chi Chi 'Disco Diva' on there too.

Make sure you check out everyone elses 'Something New' manis...

26 comments :

  1. This is so pretty, Anneke! How long did it take you to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie!! It really didn't take long at all. Maybe half an hour or so (all 10 nails). So much easier than I ever imagined. I can't wait to do it again when I get home!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so pretty! I've been wanting to do galaxy nails too for a while, I'll try that soon too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it. It's really fun and easy to do :)

      Delete
  3. Another technique I haven't tried! This looks lovely Anneke x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so terrified of the galaxy nail because I know how much time and effort goes into make a really great one. You did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It took much less time than I would have though, although I did a fairly simple one here :)

      Delete
  5. Anneke, the fact that you had limited supplies of polish does not take away from this mani at all. It is great. I love galaxy nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alexis! I'm so glad it worked out with the supplies I had <3

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous! I still need to attempt this technique as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! This mani is so pretty. Love what you did here. You def have the talent. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really great first time galaxy. I was just like you the first time I did a galaxy mani - so scared about doing it and then so amazed at how easily it gelled into awesomeness! Of course, I saw all sorts of things I wanted to do different/better next time (don't we always?!) but it's almost like the galaxy mani just creates itself. And you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You are so right! It really did just sort of come together. I really can't wait to get home and try another one. And yes! It doesn't matter how good something I do is, there is always something glaringly wrong! Hahaha oh well, it keeps me coming back for more :)

      Delete
  10. Your galaxy nails are great :). It's a technique I've never tried either xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 You should definitely try it!! :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)