Saturday, January 26, 2013

Va Va Voom - Takko Lacquer

I am back in Wellington for the weekend for a wedding and I am so happy to be home with my family for an extra weekend :) Hope you are all having a nice end of your week/weekend! Anyway, on with the polish. This is Takko Lacquer 'Va Va Voom'...



Va Va Voom, Takko Lacquer, swatch

Va Va Voom, Takko Lacquer, swatch
'Va Va Voom' is a most gorgeous rusty red scattered holo. These two photos show the holo in sunlight and then in artificial light. Obviously, in real life, in artificial light, the holo is more obvious but you can still certainly see it quite well. It's not too shy.


Va Va Voom, Takko Lacquer, swatch

Va Va Voom, Takko Lacquer, swatch
'Va Va Voom' tends to show as different shades of red, from quite a cherry red, through to a dark brooding red, right through to quite a coppery red at times.



Va Va Voom, Takko Lacquer, swatch
There is a golden flash in 'Va Va Voom' that gives it a more orangey tinge.



I absolutely love this polish. I have a very soft spot for red polish and I always have, but this is more than just a red polish. There is certainly an X factor here. The fact that it is sort of a burnt/rusty red sets it apart, along with that wonderful scattered holo. Like the other Takko Lacquer polishes I have shown you, 'Va Va Voom' is fast drying and dries slightly satiny and really comes alive with a lick of top coat. I used 2 coats here, but 'Va Va Voom' is very opaque and the second coat was barely needed.

Takko Lacquer polishes are available from Sheryl's Etsy store. All the polishes are vegan, 3-free and not tested on animals. Check outTakko Lacquer blog for updates on restocks etc.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)