Monday, February 4, 2013

Austin Powers - Enchanted Polish (and a very late blog birthday!)

I missed my blog's anniversary!!! Which is typical to be honest, as I don't ever look at the date if I'm not at uni, so I generally forget birthdays as I never know what day it is :s Anyway... My little blog was 1 year old on January 18th. Thanks so much to everyone who pops by here to look at my posts!

For today's post, I wanted to show you something that I love from one of my most favourite indie brands, which works out well for my very late anniversary post. This is Enchanted Polish 'Austin Powers' over Lime Crime 'Milky Ways'...



Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch
I went to a wedding recently and wore this combination as my accent nail with some studs and I loved it so much I came straight home to Auckland and put it on as a full mani. If you follow me on instagram (@pinpointpolish), you may have seen the mani'Austin Powers' is one of those polishes that, if layered, is usually over a darker colour, but I actually love it over the pale cream of 'Milky Ways'.



Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch

Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch
These two photos show 'Austin Powers' in full sunlight. MMMMmmmmmm pure holo goodness. I have to say, when it comes to holographic (and multichrome) polish, there aren't many who do it as well as Enchanted Polish (hence them being an absolute favourite of mine).



Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch

Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch
The gold of 'Austin Powers' becomes much more obvious in these photos taken in artificial lighting. The linear holo effect is really apparent, which I love. Even indoors.



Austin Powers, Enchanted Polish, swatch
Let's just have a little closer look at this little baby. You can see that there are little coppery-gold glitters all through it, as well as the ton of holo. Brilliant!


This is one (yes one!) thick-ish coat of 'Austin Powers' and so this polish could easily be worn on its own. It does layer beautifully though. Formula was really easy to work with.

Now for the unfortunate part of this post... I don't think this polish is available in any shops, as it was just recently brought back in a very limited quantity. I know some of you don't like bloggers posting polish that isn't readily available, but this blog was started for me to show you guys what I wear on a day to day basis. Basically, if this polish ever makes another come-back, snaffle it up ASAP because it is such a beauty!

Enchanted Polish is available from a few places including Harlow & Co and Llarowe.

2 comments :

  1. Sooooooo pretty! I need to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGH Lexie! You really do need it! Now if only there was an easy way for you to get it :(

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)