Sunday, June 23, 2013

Power Clutch - Essie

Hi guys!

I am so close to finishing exams. One week (2 exams) to go. I'm really looking forward to having some time to try some more nail art. I miss it. I just have a super quick post today of something I wore a couple of weeks ago. It's cold and wintry here and I just felt like a nice, simple crème for once. Essie 'Power Clutch' fit the bill perfectly.



Power Clutch, Essie
'Power Clutch' is such a cool polish. It's a slate-y olive green that is fairly dark and brooding. It's a bit of a chameleon to look at. Sometimes it appeared more charcoal grey, sometimes more olive. Either way, I really like the colour. Perfect for the winter weather here (not that I ever go by the season).


The formula was really nice. This seems to be the formula that people always rave about Essie having. Unfortunately the first 2 Essie's I tried weren't great, formula-wise, so they scared me off a little. But since then, I have been using Essie's like this one and 'Bungle Jungle' and I now understand the love. 'Power Clutch' was nice and thin (not too much though) and levelled easily on the nail. It was also perfectly opaque in 2 coats.

Also a big thanks to Mimi (from Makeup Withdrawal) for getting this baby to me a while back :)

6 comments :

  1. Oh, how I love this colour! It's one of my all time favourites and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was on my wish list for ages. I'm so glad I got it though, it is really a great polish!

      Delete
  2. I love the look of this color. I keep wanting to wear vampy colors even though it's the middle of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time! hehe except I've been dying for pastels and brights here :)

      Delete
  3. Holy crap this is fierce! I must own this color.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)